Monday, January 05, 2004

Donna's Most Frequently Viewed Movies


1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Singin in the Rain
3. Gone with the Wind
4. King of Kings
5. Rocky
6. White Christmas
7. Heidi
8. The Jerk
9. Parenthood
10. To Kill a Mockingbird
11. Pride and Prejudice
12. You've Got Mail
13. The Princess Bride
14. It's A Wonderful Life
15. Sleepless in Seattle
16. When Harry Met Sally
17. Greencard
18. Big
19. Uncle Buck
20. The Goodbye Girl


The top six movies on the list I can quote parts verbatim! Many of the movies have risen to the frequently viewed status because they are on television so often...and I can't resist stopping and watching them (Uncle Buck and Greencard are in this category). The Wizard of Oz, Heidi, Wonderful Life and Kings of Kings have been favorites since I was young. Pride and Prejudice is climbing the list quickly.
I haven't seen The Goodbye Girl in 20 years! But I can remember some of the lines and some of the dance steps...so that reminds me that I really loved that movie at one time. I am going to rent it this week.

They are not all squeaky clean :o) So check www.screenit.com before you rent any of them...if you are worried about the content.

Funny story....Many years ago, I recommended my sister and husband rent Parenthood. I raved about how funny it was! So my sister rented the movie. A few days later I asked her how she and her husband like it.

"Well, we really thought it was a weird movie."

"Weird? How was it weird?"

"The parents were cannibals."

"Cannibals!!!"

"Oh, Sis, You were watching Parents not Parenthood!"

" I kept telling my husband...Donna says this is a really funny movie!?!?"

Yikes! Get the titles right :o)

*******************


The Ten Commandments in Verse


Above all else love God alone;
Bow down to neither wood or stone.
God's name refuse to take in vain;
The Sabbath rest with care maintain.
Respect your parents all your days;
Hold sacred human life always.
Be loyal to your chosen mate;
Steal nothing neither small nor great.
Report, with truth, your neighbor's deed;
And rid your mind of selfish greed."

from the MuGuffey Reader

I think I will commit that to memory. It's sweet.

Donna...in snowy, pretty Wisconsin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.