Friday, January 16, 2004

Every Tuesday for ten years I met with eight women and we quilted and knitted and talked and ate and learned and laughed! I miss it all so much! It really was an old fashioned quilting bee!

Carmen over at Buried Treasure reminded me of this by posting a photo this morning. (Click on Buried Treasure at my sidebar).

It is exactly three years since we moved away. Making friends is a slow process. Finding women who are interested in working with their hands, are home during the day and are not too busy for a little time with friends is very rare indeed.

(I'm just not as busy as other women....I wonder what I am leaving out :o)

So to my fellow Quilters (we refer to ourselves as 'Quilters')...

I miss you...I love you....I wish I could see what you are working on....How are the kids?

__________________

Friday is Recipe Day


Everybody at quilting liked my carrot cake...so I will share it with my new friends whom I have 'Found in Space'.

Carrot Cake

1 1/2 cup salad oil
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups raw carrots finely grated

- Combine and beat well the oil and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time on high. Add flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Fold in carrots. Grease and flour pan. Pour into pan :o)
Bake in 9x13 pan at 350 for 35-40 min.

Icing

1 package cream cheese
1/2 stick butter
1 pound powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla

Mix Well. Ice when the cake is cool.


Homeschool choir

We are fortunate to have a homeschool choir here in the Madison area. Today is the first day of class for this semester! Emma is excited! I'm happy for her! They will have a tour in the Spring....big highlight of the year.

My challenge is how to get five days of schooling in while missing every Friday morning at home. Hmmmm
Not exactly the schedule I prefer but I do think the benefits( singing, friendships, classroom experience) outweigh the jostling of the schedule.

It'll work out. It always does :o)

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.