Friday, January 23, 2004

Friday Five

At this moment, what is your favorite...

1. ...song? White Flag
I love to sing along with this song. The words are easy to learn.

2. ...food? Friendship bread by Natural Ovens
First step to healthier eating

3. ...tv show? Regis and Kelly
They make me laugh out loud.

4. ...scent? Quelques Fluers
First smelled it in a NM catalog.

5. ...quote? "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
Mom










Potato Soup

I remember eating potato soup. It was my favorite soup. Much better than pea soup *ick*.
I do not have our mother's recipie and I don't know if anyone else even remembers liking or eating this delicious soup. It did not have chunks of anything in it. It was creamy.

Then one day my brother-in-law came for lunch and decided to make potato soup. The basic flavor of the soup is very much like our mom's soup...but it is chunkier and has bacon in it. It is delicious. I have been making it ever since. Who'd a thunk my brother-in-law would bring me my favorite soup recipie.

Here it is...chunks and all....Mom used a potato masher to get hers creamy. I think I will try that next time.

6 potatoes
2 stalks celery (chopped)
1 carrot (shredded)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 c. water
2 cubes chicken bouillon
salt, pepper
2 c. milk
1/3 c. flour
cheese (real cheese or 4-8 pieces of American cheese slices)
bacon (as much as you like)
a little sour cream on top

Boil veggies in the water until soft with the bouillon. Add 1 2/3 cups of milk and make a paste out of the other 1/3 cup of milk and flour. (I don't always do the flour thickening)
Add cheese and bacon. Heat through.
Sour cream and chopped scallions are yummy plopped and sprinkled on top too.

___________

Not much help for the Atkins crowd :o) How about some bacon and sour cream?

Encourage one another,
Donna




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.