Monday, July 26, 2004

Get in the habit of faith instead

I have worried myself into a tizzy in the past. I am learning to trust God and live a more peaceful life now. A little booklet by Kenneth E. Hagin has been great source of encouragement to me.

*I just looked and I shared a portion of this in January. But this issue has popped up again in the lives of those close to me. So I will share it again...and those who know me, know I am prone to repeat a good anecdote, anyway. *wink*

"Some of you are holding onto cares and anxieties. You're still fretting...You're "stewing". And others are possibly boiling over with anxiety, care, and concern.

What God wants you to do is turn it over to Him. No, I didn't say it was easy, especially if you've been in the habit of worry for a long time. Get in the habit of faith instead.

Say,"Lord, I'm putting it into Your hands. I'm going to turn that over to You. I refuse to fret anymore, I refuse to be unduly concerned anymore about this. I refuse to be full of care. You said to cast all on You because You love me; You care for me affectionately and You care about me, watchfully, and I thank You for it.

"It's in Your hands, Lord. It's in Your hands from this moment on. I rest on You. Thank You, Master."

Mr. Hagin recommends doing this every time you wake up filled with worry.
He tells of many Pastors who have dealt with this same problem and have learned to cast their burdens upon the Lord. He has seen it work.
I have too.



One other thing I did was type out a favorite scripture and tape it on the wall next to my bed. It was the last thing I saw before I closed my eyes and the first thing I saw every morning.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer 29:11

I may have felt like I was being harmed...but God can not lie...He does NOT have plans to harm me. Whew, that's a relief.

Cast your cares,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.