Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Glitch

Hey all! Are you having problems opening this and other blogspot pages?

I have been having problems all weekend.
Clicking the refresh button usually works for me...
How about you?

**********

Well, from following the links at Samantha's page and reading and taking a quiz last night I have discovered I am a Libertarian.

"Individualism. Libertarians see the individual as the basic unit of social analysis. Only individuals make choices and are responsible for their actions. Libertarian thought emphasizes the dignity of each individual, which entails both rights and responsibility."
-Mr. David Boaz



Ya know I have always thought minding my own, living the quiet life, and being responsible for myself was the American way. But I guess most American's are happy to have someone else do the 'looking after...the taking care of...the keeping track of...for them.

I say 'most' because this is the way our country is run...and most of us have gone along with it.

Not that I know what can be done about it.
I just realize there is a 'label' for the way I think.

Are there problems inherent in this way of thinking, of running a country???
I don't know that yet?

I really can't imagine the country will change. Folks like getting their free stuff and like when someone else takes care of their messes...and children and elderly parents...

New ideas for this aging brain. Hey! New ideas keep the brain young!
I feel so spry this morning :o)

********

We had so much fun playing Yahtzee last night!

I was a little beleaguered at the thought of watching ANOTHER Law and Order, so my husband stepped out of the box and suggested we play Yahtzee.

It was great fun! Lotsa laughs :o)

My kind of night.

Note to self* Must play games together more often.

I like backgammon but have not found another family member fond enough of this game to play it with me.

Katie is big on 'memory' lately. She is learning to lose gracefully. ( Although we make sure she wins much of the time :o)

***Ken Jennings is still winning on Jeopardy!

That's all folks...

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.