Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Got Prayer?

There is a little boy named Luke who needs your prayers...as do his parents.

How's Luke?

Luke drowned on Aug 30th. He was revived and is now in the process of healing.

Katie and I will be praying for Luke.

I do not know them personally...but God does :o)


The good parts

Being the photo editor of my own little blog magazine I get to show you the best of what I see. The photos of Paoli are an example of this. Paoli does have beautiful buildings. But, oh my goodness, there are some real dogs too :o) It is not like Colonial Williamsburg, where the whole town is lovely and restored.
Paoli is a real town. There is a junky bar, a few metal buildings, an art studio which is very nice on the inside but atrocious on the outside, and a lazy river crossed by a plain ole bridge. The river does not even photograph well.

It's sort of an analogy for life and how I see things in general. I have beautiful parts and ugly 'tin-building' parts. But I choose to focus on the good parts.

You know when you make a New Years resolution not to complain, it forces you to look on the bright side.

Do I choose the rose colored glasses? You betcha.

Do I have times of loneliness and grief? Yes.

At those times I try to look at the beauty...in life...take a drive down to Paoli, read a favorite verse, talk with a sister...sing a song...

The Cockeyed Optimist

When the skies are brighter canary yellow
I forget ev'ry cloud I've ever seen,
So they called me a cockeyed optimist...

I could say life is just a bowl of Jello
And appear more intelligent and smart,
But I'm stuck like a dope
With a thing called hope,
And I can't get it out of my heart!
Not this heart...

-from South Pacific


For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.
Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)

I sure like Winston Churchill quotes :o)

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.