Saturday, October 23, 2004

Barn dance
What do you get when you put together a bunch of homeschool teens, their families and some lively music...in a barn?















FUN!

I arrived home from Chicago at about 6:30 last night, drank a Diet Dr. Pepper and jumped back into the car and drove to Sun prairie with the whole family to attend the Barn dance. I'd say seventy-five people attended!

It was perfect in my eyes.

The inside of the barn was decorated with twinkling lights, corn stalks and pumpkins.

The band played square dance music and instructed the dancers. Almost everyone danced! (One of the great things about these kids is they just jump right in and start dancing! None of this, standing along the walls, waiting to be asked. Just a great attitude of fun and friendship)

My husband was in fine form and was my willing dance partner, for which I am thankful!

Emma danced and talked. Katie batted a balloon and played with her little friend, Katie and a little boy (name unknown).
Matthew even danced a polka and a reel. A very nice friend of Emma's invited Matthew to dance and thank goodness he did not turn her down. It was very good for him...he needs to come out of his shell :o)

I can't say a good time was had by all, because I learned never to say that in journalism class, but I really do think it was a perfect night of fun and memory making :o)

Earlier in the day my cousin Judy told us how much Grandma Hansen loved to dance. She said Grandma was telling her about the Danish dances in Chicago(in the 1920's) just last Saturday! She also said that Grandma told her that she danced every night on the ship coming over to America. She was sixteen years old.

How about that!

I feel so blessed! Blessed by the homeschool teens we have here in the Madison area...and their parents who work so hard to make being a teen-at-home fun!

Big hugs to Kris (who posts often in the comments) for organizing such a grand time.

And I also feel blessed that the love of life can be passed down from generation to generation!

Blessings to you,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.