Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, pointing me to scriptures and helping me understand the wonder, beauty and power of prayer.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity."
Albert Einstein


"We cannot all argue, but we can all pray; we cannot all be leaders but we can all be pleaders; we cannot all be mighty in rhetoric, but we can all be prevalent in prayer. I would sooner see you eloquent with God than with men."
Spurgeon


"Avail yourself of the greatest privilege this side of heaven. Jesus Christ died to make this communion and communication with the Father possible." Billy Graham


___________


Emma is taking the ACT in a few weeks. She has been working her way through two ACT Prep books for the last month. Last night I sat down with her to read through the practice test in the back.

My how things have changed.

I thought it would be super easy. Especially the English portions. Emma (and I ) have been studying grammar for years!!!
These questions were tough. Well more tricky than tough.

I'm glad we have the sample tests. I think they will prove very helpful.
It is all new to Emma so she doesn't think they are strange.

AND I only took the ACT once, oh-say, over 30 years ago :o)

******

Ah...the hoops...the hoops one must jump through to go on to college

Turns my stomach, in good ways and bad, all at the same time.
"Well, excited and scared."
(Obscure song quotes pop into my head...isn't there always a song?)


Good thing Emma is the mellow one :o)
I don't think I have ever seen her flustered.

She did not get that from me!

*****

Still have questions about why Terri Schiavo's loved ones are fighting for her life?
Visit Julie D. and read her informative, compassionate Q & A.

*******

If you want to talk about The Amazing Race...bring it on!
We thoroughly enjoyed it!

Encourage on another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.