Monday, April 11, 2005

What are you reading this month?

I have a few new books added to the collection I am trying to get through.

I bought a book called Buffalo Coat this weekend. It is written by the author of Caddie Woodlawn, Carol Ryrie Brink.

The book starts off quite well.

"Originally published in 1944, Buffalo Coat appeared for several weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. The first adult novel written by acclaimed Idaho writer Carol Ryrie Brink, winner of the Newbery Award for the outstanding book of children's literature in 1936, Buffalo Coat has become a classic of Northwest literature. Buffalo Coat tells the tale of three doctors who came to Opportunity (Moscow), Idaho, in the 1890s seeking success and fortune in the town with the promising name. Yet each of their lives ended in tragedy."



The Philosopher's Diet by Richard Watson finally came in at the library. I am looking for the good parts that MFS quoted a while back. I am surprised about the actual dieting information in this book. I thought it was going to be all philosophy.
Mr. Watson suggests eating 900 calories of healthy, whole foods, no refined, white anything, and running to lose weight.

Well. That'll work!

I just have not heard anyone recommend 900 calories in, say, 30 years.
Like I said, I liked the motivational quotes that MFS supplied so I am still looking for more of those...it's a little book...I should find them soon.



Getting a little dusty is A Home-Concealed Woman:The Diaries of Magnolia Wynn Le Guin. Keeping a diary such as this is what women did before blogs.

Have you ever heard of a five year diary? A friend of mine said her grandfather kept a five year diary.

Perhaps my blog should be a five year blog.



The fourth book on my nightstand is The Riddle of Amish Culture by Donald Kraybill. I just like the picture on the cover of this book :o)
I'm not too far into this one yet.


I won two books at Amazon over the weekend.
Better Off by Eric Brende and The Decline and Fall of Practically Everybody.
Both books were read last year and enjoyed so I went ahead and purchased them for cheap, cheap, cheap!

Fun, fun, fun!

So what are you diving into this month? Finishing Up?
I'd love to know.

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.