Friday, August 05, 2005

Must Love Dogs the movie

If you want to see Lloyd Dobler all grown up,
go see Must Love Dogs. John Cusack really does play Lloyd again!
And since I like Lloyd from Say Anything. This was a treat!




It just so happens that I watched Under the Tuscan Sun today. (What a dreamy movie)
Diane Lane plays the same character in Must Love Dogs as she plays in Under the Tuscan Sun.
Which was fine with me. Cause I think she is an interesting actress.

The story line was predictable but the film was filled with many fun family members (great funny sisters) and friends.
I also enjoyed the dialog. It was quite witty. And Christopher Plummer recites a beautiful poem named Brown Penny, I think.



I thought it was a charming movie and I look forward to seeing it again.


So about the Friday Five... I better put my thinking cap on since The Friday Feast has not posted their questions yet! Don't they know I blog in the morning?


Friday Five

Do you have a pet? What is it? Names please.
How near is your nearest sibling?
How far away is your farthest?
How did you meet your husband. If you have one. If not, where do you meet nice men?
Does living in a Villa in Tuscany appeal to you?


Diane Lane's hair looks so much prettier when she curls it. So does mine.
I'm going to start curling my hair!

Friday Fives in the comments box...

I found the poem.

I whispered, 'I am too young,'
And then, 'I am old enough';
Wherefore I threw a penny
To find out if I might love.
'Go and love, go and love, young man,
If the lady be young and fair.'
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
I am looped in the loops of her hair.

O love is the crooked thing,
There is nobody wise enough
To find out all that is in it,
For he would be thinking of love
Till the stars had run away
And the shadows eaten the moon.
Ah, penny, brown penny, brown penny,
One cannot begin it too soon.
-Yeats


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.