Monday, December 26, 2005

Birthday Cake Part II






I'm not much at decorating birthday cakes...

but I happen to love how this one looks :o)


The frosting is my sister's recipe. It is called Twinkie Frosting.

3 C. powdered sugar
1/2 c. veg. oil
1/2 c. shortening
1/2 c. butter
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, veg. oil, short., and butter.
Mix at high for 5 minutes.
Add egg white and vanilla.
Beat 3 more minutes.

Cindy frosts a white cake with this frosting thus the Twinkie name.
I frosted a chocolate cake....so I guess it was more like a Suzy Q :o)


Movies watched since Christmas eve...

Cinderella Man
On Golden Pond
Sky High


All good.

Cinderella Man was a little too depressing and slow for the first hour.
And really all I wanted was for them to move out of that horrid hovel.
Visions of Angela Ashes danced in my head.

The boxing matches were too long for me too...thank goodness I had some gorgeous yarn to knit on!

I'll show you the sock I am knitting....
tomorrow.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.