Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Ho Ho Yummy Yo



Ho Ho Ho



I love this time of year.



I love it so.





All of my siblings live far away...
So, in the last few weeks, a Christmas package has arrived almost every day.
Plus it is Katie's birthday on the 24th!
Plus I have been buying myself a little yarn...

It's like......Christmas!

Yesterday we received a big plain white box.

Katie stood next to me as I sawed at the tape with a kitchen knife.

The small gift card dropped to the table. Ah, it's from Nancy.

I flipped open the box tops to find a large spiral cut ham.

Oh. This will be nice to have on Christmas Eve, I thought.

"Huh" said Katie. "Why would she send us a ham?"
"Does she think we are poor?"

"No, honey. She doesn't think we're poor."
"This is a very nice ham from a very nice place. I'm sure it is delicious!"


It reminded me of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.
When the wise men (Herdmans) brought their food-basket ham to the Christ Child instead of gold, frankincense and myrrh.

When we finish reading the book, I think Katie will think of ham as a very lovely gift :o)

I do :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.