Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Caleb's Socks

I was commissioned to knit a pair of socks for a young man. A growing boy who loves knitted socks! I finished them yesterday and will send them off to Canada...where they will keep Caleb's toes warm and toasty while he helps his daddy on the farm or snuggles in to read his favorite book.











I seems I was not meant to be an Olympian. Knitting or otherwise.
I tried to choose a pattern. I really did.
Anything that interested me was either sold out or the required yarn felt scratchy.
Lynn emailed me yesterday to tell me I had until midnight to sign up.
I made one last attempt to find the right project.
I went to the Sow's ear. Nada.
I went to Knitty.com.

There is was. I will make this pattern.

So I made a copy of the pattern. And set off to www.abbeyyarns.com to purchase the exact yarn that Jillian had used. (Because I am like that. I want to use exactly what is pictured. I have no imagination. I am a copycat knitter)

I put the 16 skeins of yarn in the 'shopping cart'.
Pressed the button.

And was saddened and shocked to see..... $201.00.

Waaaaa.....

Yup. I am a copycat. With Champagne taste....and well you know the rest.


So I am resigned to my role as cheerleader. Which I am pretty good at.

But man, I wanted to compete and challenge myself.
Just couldn't get all my ducks in a row this time around.


What was your last challenge?

It can be a mental, physical or spiritual challenge.

Care to share?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.