Monday, February 20, 2006

Two things


Is it possible to motivate your children?

Is the desire to challenge oneself and do ones best, inborn?


I have a theory that unconditional love extinguishes a healthy fear of failure.

(It's a rather harebrained theory combined with a touch of humor)

Can parents light that fire in their children....or is that fire there from the beginning?


********

The second thing I am wondering this morning is....

Can you recommend a book that teaches word origins in Greek for beginners?

For instance last night I read this in Martha Peace's book "Becoming a Titus 2 Woman;

The Greek work for "love their children" is philioteknos. This work is a combination of the word philos (beloved, tenderness) and teknos (child).


I love learning what the Greek word means. It adds so much to my understanding.

But I don't really want one of those big thick books with all the cross references. And I am not looking to learn the Greek alphabet right away.



Any thoughts? It can be very basic.

Thanks!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.