Tuesday, February 14, 2006






We aren't really very romantic around here. But those little children that keep coming along insure that holidays like Valentines Day don't get forgotten altogether.

So Katie and I were scrounging around for a box to use for her Valentines. She could not find a shoe box, but I spotted a nice sturdy Priority Mail box.
"Let's just wrap this!" So we found the only pink paper in the house and wrapped the box nice a tight. Cut a slit in the top and applied stickers.

It wasn't until about 2:45 am that I realized my mistake.





Shoe boxes are used so you can take the top off to get the Valentines out!

Ahh!

And don't even look at the sad wrapping.

We will just pretend Katie did it.

I may be able to knit and quilt....but I have a reputation around the house when it comes to crafts, I'm afraid.

Emma scooted through the kitchen as I was bemoaning the butter on the tissue and remarked,

"Mom and crafts!"

Turns out I am as good at making a Valentine box as I am at putting paper bags on High School Text books! (Do you remember doing that?)

************

The best advice on love;

1 If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal.
2 And if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith so as to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing.
3 If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It is not jealous, (love) is not pompous, it is not inflated,
5 it is not rude, it does not seek its own interests, it is not quick-tempered, it does not brood over injury,
6 it does not rejoice over wrongdoing but rejoices with the truth.
7 It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. If there are prophecies, they will be brought to nothing; if tongues, they will cease; if knowledge, it will be brought to nothing.
9 For we know partially and we prophesy partially,
10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.
11 When I was a child, I used to talk as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I put aside childish things.
12 At present we see indistinctly, as in a mirror, but then face to face. At present I know partially; then I shall know fully, as I am fully known.
13 So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13....the love chapter :o)



How many of you had that Scripture read as part of your wedding service?
What will you do for your Valentine today?

Make a heart shaped meat loaf? Buy chocolates and a card?

Do tell :o)




PB, will you be mine?


Make your own candy hearts @ Acme heart maker

Encourage one another,
Donna

Still very much in my heart and prayers

*Candace
*LB
*Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.