Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Bwaalk





I'll bet you didn't know I was a big chicken. Well I am.

Here is an example of what I am afraid of....and maybe you all can help me.

On my birthday, my longest friend, emailed me and told me she was expecting twins. Such fantastic news.

I emailed her and expressed my delight.

Seven months passed..and I start wondering how my friend is doing.
Has she had the babies?
Why haven't I heard anything?
Is everything okay?

This is the point where I morph into a chicken.
I am too afraid to call or write.
I am afraid I will hear bad news and bring pain to my friend by asking.

So I do nothing.

Does anyone else feel this way? If you were in this situation, what would you do? What do you do?


(It so happens that Cathy emailed me this morning. The babies were born on Valentines day. A boy and a girl! She had many complications with the birth.

She said she sent me an announcement which came back to her..."address unknown". (weird, huh?)

I am so thankful to know that the babies have arrived...and that all is very well!


But, I don't want to be a chicken anymore.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.