Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Reading



I took a little break from reading Pride and Prejudice last night.
(Because I forgot to tote it upstairs with me at bedtime)

And picked up The Portrait of Dorian Grey.

I was pleased to spot a famous quote within the first few pages.

Laughter is not at all a bad beginning for a friendship,
and it is far the best ending for one.
--Oscar Wilde

Just ten pages into the book and I am impressed with Wilde's writing and sense of humor. I have never read anything by him before, I've only seen his play "The Importance of Being Earnest."


I must finish Pride and Prejudice first tho! It's my new reading policy. One book at a time.

Pride and Prejudice would be a much more enjoyable book if I didn't know almost every bit of it by heart.

But I shall persevere.

So many books....

I have got to pick up the pace!

********

Are you enjoying what you are reading now?
Anything special on deck?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.