Thursday, August 03, 2006

We always had a cat when we were growing up. Our father would bring them home from the bakery. They kept cats around to chase the critters. How old fashioned is that? But when there were kittens, we would have them at our house for a while.

And then there was Rufus. Our orange cat. Rufus was a part of the family for a long time. I remember that Rufus spent a lot of time in sister Sue's room.

Cat's are like that I guess. They pick a favorite person.

Our cat has a favorite person. It's Emma.
And even when Emma is gone, Maggie the Sassy Cat, doesn't befriend us.

She hisses at us.

But this morning, Maggie was feeling friendly. She came and sat near me as I was trying to photograph the avocado Spring socks. And she licked my ankle.
Weird.

It's the yarn tho. She loves my yarn.
But only in the middle of the night.
She had a rip roaring time last night with two balls of yarn.

Nocturnal yarn stealer, that's her.






Avocado Spring.

It's really a funny name for these socks. Around here, avocados are green.

But I think of our mother when I think of avocados. She always had an avocado pit, in a glass of water, on our windowsill. Trying to sprout.

I don't remember one sprouting...but I remember the pit with toothpicks stuck in the sides.


If you look closely, you will see that the socks are a jumble of color.
And, well, the one sock has a blob of grey that is the shape of an avocado.

Goofy pooling yarn.


And that reminds me of our swimming pool in Wheaton.....



I'm changing the name of that yarn.

Avocado Memories.



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.