Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Thanks to some gentle and perfect encouragement I am looking forward to reading Les Miserables.

Texasblu, Jill, Kari, Amy, Mindy and Shery all said it was a wonderful book and Sherry said it as her favorite book of all time!

They didn't tell me I should read it. They just told me how much they loved it.

And it was persuasive.



Think about how this works in all areas of life.

We can not control other people...we can't make them do what we want them to do...

(I know, I've tried and still do from time to time)

I'd love to give my husband and children my faith.

'believe strongly, believe deeply, you were created, you are loved, you are redeemed...'

But actual faith comes from the Holy Spirit.

Not me.

(And who really is more equipped to impart faith? Me or the Holy Spirit?
How could I possibly answer...me?)


So, I continue to walk with God and believe and trust Him and try to obey Him and show His love thru my words and actions...


I may want to tell you that you should love God.

But, I know, better than that, my life must reflect just how much I love Him and how confident I am that He loves me and that He died for me.


The rest is up to the Holy Spirit.





"Could we with ink the ocean fill
And were the skies of parchment made,
Were every stalk on earth a quill
And every man a scribe by trade,
To write the love of God above
would drain the ocean dry,
Nor could the scroll contain the whole
though stretched from sky to sky."




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.