Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A beautiful shift in thinking.

Melinda wrote me a little note a few weeks ago.
She shared with me how much she enjoyed visiting with Emma.
(They stayed up late one night, talking and watching Moulon Rouge)
Melinda said that she always wished for a sister.
And now she was being blessed with two sisters.

Isn't that a lovely way of looking at it.

Open hearted and grateful.

I was thinking of Matthew and Melinda as a couple-over there-a satellite of sorts.
(Distance does this to me)

But I choose to think like Melinda.
She will be my daughter on Friday.
I gain another daughter.

I love that.

It was so much easier than pregnancy and childbirth!

And another thing I was thinking about...

This is forever. Melinda is joining our family forever.

She will be with us now,
thru the good times and the bad times,
sickness and health,
graduations and funerals.


I look forward to this new marriage with hope and joy and love.
I am thankful for our new daughter.
I am so happy for our son.






From the beginning of creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; and they shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mark 10:6-9




Teach Us to Love

O God, perfect us in love, that we may conquer all selfishness and hatred of others; fill our hearts with Thy joy, and shed abroad in them Thy peace which passeth understanding; that so those murmurings and disputings to which we are too prone may be overcome. Make us long-suffering and gentle, and thus subdue our hastiness and angry tempers, and grant that we may bring forth the blessed fruits of the Spirit, to Thy praise and glory, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Rev. Henry Alford (1810-1871)



************



I would love to hear your thoughts on marriage and gaining sons and daughters today!



************

And the Spanx.
They do just what I was hoping for.

For me I will think of them as...

Lumps be gone.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.