Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Feast.

No alterations. Straight out of the can.


Appetizer
Name something you think is “the best.”



The frosting for my Red Cake is the best frosting in the world.


Frosting for Red Cake

5 Tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cook 5 T. flour and 1 cup milk over a low flame-stirring constantly- cool.
Cream 1 cup butter add 1 cup sugar and 1 t. vanilla.
Add cold flour mixture.
Beat this on high for 15 minutes.
Stop and scrap every five minutes.

It will look like whipped cream.

Perfection!







Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 highest), how stressed are you today?



Right this moment. 1. I'm cool as a cucumber.


Salad
What kind of cleanser do you use to wash your face?


Recently. Nothing. H20


Main Course
Tonight is a blue moon! What is something that you believe only happens “once in a blue moon.”


I host a graduation party.


Dessert
When was the last time it rained where you live?


Yesterday afternoon Emma went out to the car.
It was sunny.

"Mom. It's sprinkling."

So the answer is yesterday.


It is saving up for Saturday, I tell ya.

Saving up.

My biggest worry is that it will pour and we will run out of cake.

Okay.

My stress just went up.




HT to the feast





Here is a photo of Emma's display for the graduation tomorrow.




Here is a closeup of Emma and me.

She would not sit alone for this portrait so we came back the next day.
I brushed my hair and put on a clean sweater and we took Emma's first formal portrait together.

It was the beginning of a wonderful relationship :o)

She started out so quiet,
but she sure has blossomed.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.