Saturday, July 07, 2007

I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well to tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum - the most powerful hand gun in the world and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question--
Do I feel lucky?
Well, do ya punk!

Clint Eastwood
Dirty Harry

Steve Dahl (My favorite Chicago DJ played this line, over and over on his show back in the 80's)
They all mesh together in my psyche.
Steve, Garry, Clint,--Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?


What am I talking about this for???

Well, that's the way my grey matter swirls.

It's 7-7-07 today.

The luckiest day of the century!

A magnificent day to get married or have a baby, or in my case, write a check.

I don't believe in luck, actually.
But, I sure love when numbers do fun things.

And speaking of babies.
Our blog-sistah, Amy aka Amy loves Bud, had a lovely little girl on the 4th of July!

I won't tell all the details....go to Good Soil to see their newest addition!

I am so happy for you! God bless!

And now it is PariSarah's turn. Oh! how I hope she has her baby today.
She is very ready.

This baby comes with great anticipation (for all of us in the peanut gallery) as Sarah's husband has been taunting us with goofy names for the last few months!

Come on out, baby!


Don't you remember how difficult those last few weeks of pregnancy were?

The sleepless nights, the endless tinkling, the bloating, the doctor appointments coming fast and furious.

But I also remember the best thing in the world.
Watching my big belly.

How I loved watching for those little heels and elbows.

I loved pushing back at those little body parts.

And the hiccups.

Those were wild.

It is the most amazing thing, to carry a person in your body.
And even after nearly ten months and three children,
I still said to the fourth,

"I can't believe you were inside me!"

Floating
breathless

It's astonishing.

A beautiful thing, birth is.

painful
dramatic
scary
gooey

The most remarkable thing in the world.





Welcome to our world, babies!
You are loved!


Encourage one another,
Donna

p.s. Lynn and Katie and I are heading out to watch the pie judging at the Stoughton Fair. Our friend and blog-sistah, Kris, is entering many pies.
Go! Kris and Leah!
Lynn hopes to spot some pickle judging also.
She is having visions of Mayberry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.