Wednesday, August 01, 2007

About Me


So you have just stopped by and don't feel like reading every single entry and every single comment to learn a little about me, the author of Quiet Life.

Here's my life in a nut shell.

(Let's see, what do I want to know when I peek into an About Me page?)

I live in Wisconsin with my husband Patrick Sr. (married in 1980) and two daughters, Katie(1999) and Emma (1989).
Our oldest son, Patrick (1982) lives out of state.
Our next son, Matthew (1985) was just married to sweet Melinda.
They also live out of state.

I started this blog on Jan. 1 2004 with a desire to encourage younger women to love their husbands and children.

I pray that God will approve of my words.

I am a Christian who bounces around between the Baptist church and the Catholic Church and might just be a closeted Presbyterian.

I was raised a Lutheran and like to say my infant baptism stuck.
I think I have been blessed with faith because I can't remember a time when I didn't love Jesus and desire to walk in His ways.

If you read the comments you will meet my sisters and blog friends and real life friends. The comments are what make this blog sing.

I have five sisters, four who like to read and comment; Sue, Cindy, Janice and Janet.
And a big brother, Jim, who stops by and thrills us with a comment now and then.

Our family learned early on that life and family is very precious.
Our parents died in a car accident in 1973 leaving behind all seven of us children.
Nancy, our eldest sister, became our guardian with her new husband.
Nancy was only 20 at the time. The twins were only seven and Cindy was but 13.

We are blessed to have bonded thru this tragedy and grow to love and appreciate one another more and more as the years go by.

The blog has become the most wonderful way to keep in touch with one another.
You'll notice quite a bit of sisterly chatter :o)

What else?

I have homeschooled for 13 years.
I blog every day except Sunday.
My grandma taught me to knit when I was a little girl.
My camera is a Nikon D80.
And I love it.





Here I am with my dear hubby (dh).
We're in Rome.

Being married and having children made all my wishes come true.


Encourage one another...cause it is a very good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.