Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday Feast


Appetizer
What is your favorite kind of pie?

Soup
Name something that made you smile this week.

Salad
What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?

Main Course
You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?

Dessert
Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.


**********

So, I almost didn't make it home from the eye doctor yesterday afternoon.
I mean, it was the most uncomfortable drive of my life.

My eyes were dilated and I was to pick up some plastic throw-away glasses from the front desk. Which I did. My first mistake was choosing a pair that slide down behind my cheaters instead of choosing the pair that looked like 3-D glasses.

The moment I step outside, I'm in trouble.

I'm squinting hard and my right eye slams shut and starts to water.

So I decide to take off my cheaters and hold the plastic lens in front of my eyes.

This works okay but, I'm still have a hard time with how bright and blurry the world around me is...and my right eye can't seem to open up and help me out.

As I get about 1/2 way home. The little plastic lens spring from my fingers and land somewhere, very out of sight. Most likely between the seat and the console.

Ugh. What a mess.

So I continued on. Wishing I could close my eyes my whole time.

I think the angels were watching me since I forgot to ask Jesus to take the wheel.

Ten minutes later I arrived home.

Very stressed and very safe and in the need of a snack and some Diet Dr. Pepper.

Phew.




I've got my glasses prescription (is that what it's called)
and I've found the perfect glasses already.

Meet Lisa Loeb. She is a singer. I met her in a google search.
I do not know her music, but I adore her glasses!

They are perfect for me and I am on a quest.

If you have heard where Lisa Loeb buys her glasses drop me a note.

Otherwise, I will be taking these pictures along with me to numerous eye glass stores. Madison is a pretty funky town. Someone must carry something similar to these.

I will find you!











********

I wrote an About Me page last night. A new visitor to Quiet Life emailed me and wondered if I had an About Me page. Blogger isn't really set up for this so I just wrote a post and placed it on the blog. Then I made a link to it up at the top of the sidebar, under my pic with Katie.

So if you are new here and wonder "what's her story", you can find it here.

About Me


See ya in the comments with your Friday's Feast answers!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.