Tuesday, August 21, 2007


Networking.


If you only listen to one podcast, in your life, this is the one to listen to.

Cyndi and Deacon Tim talk about marriage again this week.
But, I, who have read twenty-some books on marriage,
who have watched hours and hours or marriage videos and listened to even more hours than that on tape player...
learned and was encouraged from this weeks podcast!

Give it a listen.

Two Edge Talk


************


Have you ever heard of a mission for deaf children?
A place where they can come to learn language, be educated AND learn about Jesus?

Well, I hadn't until this morning.

Little Miss Tammy from Ca. sent me a link to this remarkable place.

It is called Rancho Sordo Mundo

I can't wait to pass this information on to the young students I have taught sign language to! I think they would love Rancho Sordo Mundo!

I think it sounds wonderful, don't you?


**********

Here is a bit of good news for our Emma.

As you know, (or maybe don't know) Emma was accepted to the college of her choice, Moody Bible Institute. However, she is on the official wait list until next fall.
She will not be leaving home until the fall of 2008.

In the meantime, she will be taking Moody's Internet courses.

Yeah.

She doing college at home.

Now, this cracks me up. Because while, I know some homeschool parents desire this for their children. We didn't really.

And it was the furthest thing from Emma's mind.

But, for some reason this is Emma's path.
(After some sadness and disappointment)
And she is looking forward to it.

She even has a good friend who is also doing the Moody Internet courses as she awaits her entrance to Moody.

But a really encouraging thing has happened.

Emma won a scholarship thru Patrick Sr's work.
She was actually their 3rd choice.
But someone became ineligible.

So Emma was next in line.

We worried a little that the scholarship would not be awarded due to the 'online' status for the first year...

So we held our breath and said a prayer.

And the check for the first semester came yesterday.
(Right on time as payment is needed by Aug. 24)

The scholarship is renewable for all four years if Emma keeps a 3.0 GPA.


I believe this is all part of God's plan for Emma.

The whole circumstance feels like tubing down a river.

And while we are floating along,
trusting in God's will,
He is blessing her,
abundantly.


Realizing how God is at work in my life and the life of my child
helps me grow that quiet and gentle spirit, I so desire.

It's not always easy to see how God is working.
But sometimes it is very clear and beautiful and encouraging.


“'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'”
Jer. 29:11


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.