Monday, August 27, 2007

A Thousand Cartwheels.

bareleggedgirl

That's how you get slim legs and dirty toes.

(Katie enters house panting)
Mommy says: Katie why are you so out of breath?
Katie: I've been doing lots and lots of cartwheels!


Can you still do a cartwheel?

I haven't tried in a while.

But the last time we went swimming, I did a somersault under the water, and just about passed out from dizziness and nausea.
Halfway around I knew I shouldn't be doing a somersault.

When did this happen?

At what age does your body tell you that you shouldn't be flipping upside down anymore?

Janet, you're nine years younger than me.
Can you still do a somersault under water?
Would you go try it for me and send me the results?


Ecclesiastes 3
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

and

A time to somersault and a time to float.

Encourage one another,
whatever the time,

Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.