Friday, September 28, 2007

Friday's Feast

Appetizer
How are you today?

Soup
Name 3 television shows you watch on a regular basis.

Salad
What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?

Main Course
If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be?

Dessert
What do you usually wear to sleep?


Fine Art Friday


This lovely painting by Alfred Roll was at the D'Orcy in Paris last spring. I like the composition and the skin tones. Look at her fore arms!

I don't know the name of this piece. And I'm too busy this morning to search for it.

I'll bet Dana can find the name of it for me. Not that she is not busy....but she loves art and is good at this sort of thing :o)

My guess is

Le Milkmaid


Bastien-Lepage
Manda Lametrie, fermiere
by Alfred Roll

(Manda Lametrie, Farm Girl)

Update: Thank you to Dana and Teresa for the information about this painting.


*********


I will be gone for a few days. My big sister Nancy is picking me up in an hour or so and we will drive to Missouri where we will celebrate and reminisce and sing and dance with Cindy and Sue.

And paint our toenails bright shades of red.


I doubt I will be able to post while I am away...but....
come back Monday night and again on Tuesday morning for a long winded, photo filled
blog of our sisterly adventure!

Janice and Janet and Jim....you will be missed very much.


***********


And to all of you; faithful commenters, brave delurkers and just stopping by souls;

Thank you for making yesterday a fun and exciting and inspiring 50th birthday for me.

How about a ((((group hug)))) :o)



And if you feel like chatting this weekend and don't know where to go....

Visit Janet.
She is going to be lonely and blue knowing her 'much older' sisters are together.

(Janet, this means you have to put up a new post :o)


Love to all!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.