Thursday, September 20, 2007

friends

Katie is our fourth child.

Two boy first.
Busy, typical boys.
Then Emma.
Quiet, serious, calm Emma.

And along came Katie.
When I was 42.

As a gift to my middle age, God gave me a

spunky
thoughtful
silly
inquisitive
enthusiastic
dramatic
child.

She is totally delighted and thrilled to be reading.

Her Awana book has come alive.

Last year at this time, she could not read her own lessons.
Yesterday, she read everything in sight, twice.

Last night, she showed me with glee that she had completed the entire first section.
Signed and dated by the Awana leader.
She had memorized the first six pages which contained eleven Bible verses!

She came home overjoyed.



And yesterday,
after we read the story of Enoch.

The one where Enoch loves God so much he does not die but goes right to heaven....

She declared, "I want to do that right now!"

And her very immature mother said, "Really, you want to leave?"

So I wrapped my arms around her tummy with a big bear hug and said,

"I'm going with you!!!!"


Oh Lord.
I am so thankful for her.






So when I crop her out of a picture...it doesn't mean I don't love her any less :o)
Carrie
Carrie just looked so pretty without that ham next to her!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.