Saturday, September 08, 2007

This and That.



Comic for knitters


***********


And speaking of Dancing with the Stars; have you seen the list of "celebrities" who will participate in Dancing with the Stars this fall?

Now, I know my television and movie stars. Pretty well.
Too well, some may say.

When I saw the list of 'stars'...my heart sank.

(I just won my third Nice Award this morning...so I can't tell you what I really think.)

Here they are in all their D-list glory.

Jane Seymour- yes, Dr. Quinn, we know her and she is pretty and nice and....older.
Melanie Brown- Scary Spice from the Spice girls.
Sabrina Bryan- The Cheetah Girls. Huh? I know who they are...because of Katie.
Helio Castroneves- Indy Racer. I know him as Ashley Judd's husband.
Mark Cuban- Dallas Mavs owner. snoooze.
Jennie Garth- 90210. Never watched it.
Josie Moran- model. Never ever heard of her.
Cameron Mathison- It's Ryan from All My Children. He's a nice guy.
Floyd Mayweather- Boxer. Never heard of him. Hope he can float like a butterfly.
WAYNE NEWTON- ewwwww. That tan. That hair. Danke Schoen, darling, Danke Schoen.
and
Marie Osmond- Seller of QVC dolls and mother of many. She's a little bit country.

I don't know if I can watch it.
It's like Dancing with the Stars wants to fail.
It's like they think their audience is the Lawrence Welk set.

Is it?


*********

Packer Game tomorrow!
We will be there.

I'm pretty excited to go.

I haven't been to Lambeau since the remodel.

Patrick usually takes one of the children or we let the boys go.

But tomorrow I will venture North to the land of Cheeseheads and Green and Gold.

The weather should be perfect. 75 degrees.
And I'll bet there is a flyover!!!
First game of the season and all.

First game of Brett Favre's last season.
(my guess)
First game in the march to the Superbowl.
(oh yeah)

(I'm trying to make my boys jealous...and regret their decisions to live outside of the great state of Wisconsin.)

Go Pack Go!


********


And one more thing.
One really little and special and long awaited thing....



Houston. We have a hummingbird.

For two years, I have had a hummingbird feeder outside the kitchen window.
for two years, I have waited.

Two weeks ago, it was empty and I was going to take it down.
Cause no hummingbird was ever going to find our feeder.

I don't know why or how....
But two sweet hummingbirds have found us.
And they dart in for a quick sip.
And zoom away just as quickly.

I love them.

I'm glad they found us.

I think I will name them...

Patrick and Matthew.


he he


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.