Thursday, October 18, 2007

"I think no mother is prepared for what happens to her when she brings a child into the world. When our bodies open to
release our children, what spills out behind them is light. Our children illuninate us."

From Comeback by Claire and Mia Fontaine

When I first read that sentence I thought it was a little off. Cause what came out of me when my children were born
was not light.

But I was being too literal....and not literary :o)

And I believe children really do iluminate us. The good and the bad parts.

My children have been crucial in forming my character.

I have learned patience and sacrifice and learned how to love.

I have also learned that I am flawed and short-tempered and scared out of my wits.



But, I believe God uses whatever circumstances we are in to conform us to the image of Christ.

I'm glad He choose motherhood for me. While it is a long and many times painful process, the good parts are really very good.

So good that my heart overflows with thankfulness.

te adoro


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.