Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sleepy head.

Lazy bones.

I slept until 8:23.

I guess that walking around in the dark, did me some good.

Did you know trick or treating was an aerobic event?

Katie was one tuckered out trick or treater :o)



Yesterday morning, after dropping Emma off at work (which is going great, by the way) Katie and I went on a thrilling photoshot.

I was listening to Sweet Land on the CD.

And I was hankering for some wide open vistas.

My creation

I was out there in the bright, bright sun again.

Photographer's no no.

But I can't help myself.

I love the bright sun.
And the wind.

And man was it windy!

This doesn't show up well in the mosaic;

20071031_0942


Doesn't that look like fun?

Good thing there was no lip gloss involved :o)



Sweet Land Soundtrack

It's great listening.



A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated
to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics
of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed,
are as crisp as autumn air.
- Eric Sloane


The wild gander leads his flock through the cool night,
Ya-honk! he says, and sounds it down to me like an invitation:
The pert may suppose it meaningless, but I listen closer,
I find its purpose and place up there toward the November sky.
- Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, 1855, I Celebrate Myself, Line 238


Happy November!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.