Wednesday, December 19, 2007

How we have changed.


Katie got her little almost eight year old ears pierced yesterday.

She has been asking.
And asking.
And asking.


We had a rule.

Teens, you must be in your teens.

And then I started wondering why I had this rule.

Our grandmother had her ears pierced as an infant.

Our mother said, no, no, no.

Emma had to wait until she was fifteen.

But then, I just decided that this little happiness for Katie was what I wanted to give her.

And I asked Patrick. He thought. no no no....

and I said, look how happy she is at the idea.

And he talked with her.

And saw how happy she was at the idea.

And he thought...why am I saying no.

Neither of us could think of why we were saying no.

So we let it go.

And gave Katie the gift of pierced ears for her eighth birthday.


20071219_2593


-2594

The earring shots.

Ha! Ah well. It's early. It's the best we can do this morning.

Which picture do you like better?



************

Did you watch Biggest Loser Finale last night?

Holy cow! I love seeing the amazing weight loss results.

I really, really, really wish the little blonde mom would have won!

She looked amazing.

They are all winners in my book.


Could you leave your family for three months?

I couldn't.

Although my husband said last night, he could order out just as well as I can.

Boo.


***************

Are you watching the Choir show?

Patti LaBelle is my choice for winner.
I wish the focus was not so much on the soloists.

How fun is that Blake Shelton?

Tonight they will all sing Christmas songs. It should be quite nice!
Check it out!


***************



Each indecision brings its own delays and days are lost lamenting over lost days...What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has Magic, Power, and Genius in it.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



A little encouragement for those of us who have a hard time deciding :o)



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.