Friday, January 11, 2008

Friday's Feast


Appetizer
What is your middle name? Would you change any of your names if you could? If so, what would you like to be called?

Soup
If you were a fashion designer, which fabrics, colors, and styles would you probably use the most?

Salad
What is your least favorite chore, and why?

Main Course
What is something that really frightens you, and can you trace it back to an event in your life?

Dessert
Where are you sitting right now? Name 3 things you can see at this moment.




Names: Here's something really weird about my name.
Donna. It still doesn't seem to fit me. It actually makes me cringe a little.
I think I should get over it, somehow.
I need to embrace it.

Bella Donna.




And then there is my middle name: My middle name was the bane of my existence
when I was little, and when it mattered.

I was embarrassed and ashamed of my middle name.

I do not use it anymore. At all.

And when I tell it....people come to it's rescue.

But that can't change the way I felt for all those years.

Elsie.

The cow.

It damaged my little self esteem.




Fashion:

If I were a fashion designer, I would use lots of cashmere.
I would be the Missoni of the North.

Elsie's house of Cashmere.

Not.


Chore: Cleaning the carpets is the worst. It is on my hit list.

Frightening: The thought of another surgery frightens me. And I was gripped by this fear for a while.
But now that my surgeries are a distant memory, I do not feel that scary pit in my stomach as often.
But it was there for a few years and it was really scary.



**********


Grey's Anatomy was on last night?
Did you watch it?

Oh. It was a good one.

I can really see myself in George's mother.
I think I relate to her more than any other character I have ever seen on television.

Her looks and her faith.

I could be George's mother.

Boy am I old.


And Derek and Meredith broke up.

I didn't really see The House as a test and it is too bad McDreamy was so impatient.

But some people are patient and some are not. I guess he was not waiting for her to grow up.

I'm sorry about Bailey and her husband. They need some counseling, don't they?

It will not be easier apart for them. It will be just as lonely and difficult to raise their precious boy divorced as it has been married. They have a lot to lose and should work it out.


And Cristina, growing a heart. Nice.

Any impressions from you all?


**************

Matthew and Melinda are coming to town tonight!

Matthew will go to the Packers vs. Seahawks game tomorrow with his dad.

It's always so wonderful having them home.

Now I need to decide what to cook.

I will be reading thru all of my cookbooks today.

Any suggestions?

I hear Ree's Olive Cheese bread is to die for.

Melinda!! Do you like olives?

I do not want to eat that alone and might have to wait for a big party to make that particular dish :o)


*************


You know, never in my life have I had someone that I considered 'the wind beneath my wings'.

I always thought about it and it sounded like such a corny yet lovely thing....

But the commenters here at this blog;

You lifted me up in such a kind and gracious and encouraging way yesterday....

I thought of you as that wind gently encourageing me to higher things.

And I truly thank you for that.


20080109_3317.jpg-2

And since I really can't put more pictures of Katie up on my biz website...
you are going to get to see her here :o)

Lucky you.



Looking forward to your Friday Feast answers!!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.