Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I love headbands. Always have!!!

20080101_3021

Do you remember when Bill Clinton was elected to office and
Hillary's hair was under the microscope.

The media mocked her various do's.

I was especially saddened when they mocked her headband.

I liked her headband.


It is the crown for the ordinary girl :o)



Tomorrow we explore: ponytails.



*******

20080113_3635

Isn't this the most lovely wedding dress!?

I have always loved this scene from________________ and thought I'd share it with you.

And since the writer's strike is taking away all of our "fashion shows", I will just have to create my own fashion show fun :o)


Name the the movie and name the actress.


I know it is ridiculously easy, but I have company coming today and I must start cleaning!
My brother Jim called yesterday from up north and said he was heading this way today!
He is visiting Nancy of the North and is kind enough to make the trip to see ME :o)

Isn't that wonderful?

I don't think my brother has ever been to my house, any of my houses! That is really something.
He has never met Katie and hasn't seen Emma since she was a little girl.
I can't wait for them to meet one another.



What shall we do? What does one do with a brother in the Madison area?

Go out to dinner. That sounds good.

But what else?

Take pictures. That's it! I will take pictures of him.

He ought to love that :o)

Tune in tomorrow to hear all about our most excellent adventure and take a gander at my
very tall, very handsome, very sweet big brother!


"Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. "

~Erica E. Goode, "The Secret World of Siblings," U.S. News & World Report, 10 January 1994


"To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time."
~Clara Ortega



Encourage one another,
Donna


20080113_3636
Melissa already named that movie.

This is the other shot I took.

Sally is saying, "Oh Marie, it's beautiful."

I think.


UPDATE:
Jim

He is the last picture I took of Jim!
We were on the beach in Martha's Vineyard.
It was December 1979.

You didn't know our brother was a Super Model, did you?

Taken with my Minolta 35mm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.