Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Love/ Hate Meme

I love to eat: filet mignon with béarnaise sauce, bagel's with cream cheese, cake :o)
I hate to eat: scones and other dry food. Dry food is yuck.
I love to go: to Whole Foods.
I hate to go: HR Block
I love it when: I make someone laugh.
I hate it when: it rains.
I love to see: the full moon rise.
I hate to see: mother's being mean to their children.
I love to hear: the wind in the trees
I hate to hear: someone grinding their teeth.


Please feel free to do this meme on your own blog or in the comments!
I'd love to see your answers.
I'd hate for you to be too shy to try ;o)


For my friends in the car last night....

The January moon is called the Wolf Moon.


Did you see it?
It was stunning.

February is the Snow moon.


*********


I woke up this morning and peeked out the front window like I always do,
and what did I spot, still in the sky?

20080123_3935
Wolf Moon Setting.



*******

Alert blog reader and husband, Patrick, brought this funny and interesting article to my attention yesterday.
He reads the paper, you know.

From the Wisconsin State Journal and the author Tim Harford: "The Logic of Life: The Rational Economics of an Irrational World"


"One of Harford's weirder speculations involves population growth, a trend he says is good for mankind."

He suggests that the greater number of brains on the planet, the greater the possibility that some of those brains will come up with innovations that save mankind, and idea he attributes to Ted Baxter, the moron anchor on the old "Mary Tyler Moore" television show, who said he wanted to father six children "in the hope that one of them would solve the population problem."


he he

Now that's logic for ya :o)

We are all for logic around here that relies on folks like Ted Baxter, Chauncey Gardner and Edith Bunker.

Well....maybe we don't think they are right.

But we sure think they are funny.

And perhaps Harford is funnier than he is right :o)

1958babiesatHenryPrideWingKew





Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.