Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Recipe Two, but really Recipe One.


purty


I made The Barefoot Contessa's Maple-Oatmeal Scones yesterday.

And well. I must not know what scones are supposed to be....

But I had a hint that they were going to be a little plain when I saw the amount of sugar added.

Two tablespoons of sugar to four cups of flour and a whole pound of butter.

A scone is much more like a biscuit than it is like a muffin.

So perhaps a scone goes well with jelly and a cup of coffee.

But with a glass of Diet Dr. Pepper, a scone is just too plain for me.

So I will not be making this recipe again.


Oh no.

I did stretch myself and use a recipe that called for me to roll something out.

And I'm not kidding, that's a stretch for me.

I think I rolled the majority too thin. I mean, how am I suppose to eyeball 3/4 an inch.

So with the leftover from the first roll out, I was able to cut out four that were the right size.

It was a learning experience. A messy learning experience.

Fortunately Amy J stopped over to pick up her little girl and I was able to give her four scones to try.

She will let us know in the comments what she thought of the scones.


(As long as it does not have mayo in it, Amy was willing to give it a try :o)


So that was my first recipe for 2008.

I'm not heart broken that they weren't All That.

First recipe of 2008.
First flub.

oatmeal maple scones
A little blurry...but this is more what they looked like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.