Monday, February 18, 2008

The important thing about dance is
it's joyous!


I have loved this dance since I first saw it in high school.

I wanted to dance like this.
I wanted to wear dresses like this.


Is that too much to ask???



I have searched youtube to find it in the past and couldn't.

But last night I found it; simply under Fred Astaire.



This dance is from the movie Daddy Long Legs.
I'll bet most of you have never hear of it.
(Which is a delightful book too)

BUT.

This dance is so fun.
You are going to want to dance like this....

I promise.


The dance is called Sluefoot.



My favorite part of this dance starts at :58.

Look at Leslie's shoulders and relaxed arm.

Could this be any be cooler?








*******

Pride and Prejudice


Ah ha!

So Wickham was a cad after all :o)

I love how Darcy is slowly shown to be the man of 'goodness'.

What is that line?


``Poor Wickham; there is such an expression of goodness in his countenance! such an openness and gentleness in his manner.''

``There certainly was some great mismanagement in the education of those two young men. One has got all the goodness, and the other all the appearance of it.''

~from the book, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen


Have I told you how much I adore this screenplay?
It follows the book word for word in many, many instances.


The first two hours really begin slowly, I think, but if you can take those in....
the next four hours are pure delight!


Don't forget the exciting and dramatic conclusion next week!






*********

And just for fun....

here is the blue picture, without the blue and the crop and a few Actions.

20080217_4674



Is this crooked or is it an optical illusion?

I lined up the pillars with the straightening grid. Twice.

And it still looks crooked.

I wonder if the pillars are slanted a little.

I think the Parthenon has slanted pillars so that it appears straight from a distance.

Could they have done this with the capitol of Wisconsin....
or am I just bad at straightening things.

Still crooked.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.