Thursday, February 14, 2008

Last night as I took a look at my stats, I noticed that four people had come to this blog
from Audrey Woulard's blog.

I wondered why?

And to my surprise, Aurdrey had posted the babies in hats and thanked me for the little 'thank you '
hat I sent her.

I had a hard time settling down to sleep after that :o)

Audrey Woulard Blog


*********

Happy Valentines Day!

Be Mine

This morning Katie asked, "Why does Daddy have to go to work today?"

"Well, honey, Daddy has to work on George Washington's Birthday and on Halloween"

"But, that's just at night." she reasoned.


It is too sweet how much Katie misses her daddy when he is away at work.
And today, she wanted so badly to see his reaction to her little Valentine card.

She snuck in the bedroom at 6:00 am to place her valentine on the nightstand for me.
She addressed it to Donna.

:o)

And about Valentines Day....it is the only day I feel a little badly that Katie is homeschooled.

Honest Confessions here.

I just can't do anything quite as special as a box of little Valentines from a whole class of classmates.

Almost all other occasions....I can duplicate.

But a box of Valentines exchanged between friends...I can't do it.

It makes me a little sad.

Do any of you feel this way about Valentines Day for your little homeschooled children?

arrowgirl001*********


Some words and thought of love from the classics...



Opening her eyes again, and seeing her husband's face across the table, she leaned forward to give it a pat on the cheek, and sat down to supper, declaring it to be the best face in the world.
~Dickens


"I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world."
~Dickens

This love which I had thought was a joke and a plaything--it is only now that I understand that it is the moulder of one's life, the most solemn and sacred of all things.
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

When once estrangement has arisen between those who truly love each other, everything tends to widen the breach.
~Mary Elizabeth Braddon

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 3:18
Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.




Lots of Love,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.