Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Katie2007col

Well. How do you like that?

I really like the look of storyboards and collages.
I wanted to learn how to make them.
First I tried doing it myself in photoshop.
I didn't know how to do step one.

So I wandered over to Itty Bitty Actions website and thought I would buy their
storyboard and collage actions.

I know how to run an action, pretty much, so I thought I would be able to do one of these.

So I bought a set.

And well, I couldn't make it work.

I tried for hours Friday night.
The message I got over and over was confusing and didn't make sense to me.

So I took a picture of my screen and sent to it Dawn at Itty Bitty Actions.

I did not think it was the actions. I was sure it was me.

To my surprise Dawn was always quick to help. She answered right away and asked me the basic
questions. It seemed that I following the instructions properly.
But who knows?

In the meantime, I was able to make a few of the other designs.

Katiecrown


Untitled-4

The one with the orange hat is far from perfect, but you get the idea.
( I would put the pup last, and edit all the pictures so the colors were matching.)
This collage would be printed out as a 20 x 20 and would be framed as one large picture.

I love the way they look.

So, it seemed the storyboards without text were working fine.

I tried again and again.

I wrote Dawn again and sent her another screenshot?

She promptly wrote back and suggested another thing or two.

And she even sent me a different set of actions to try.
Perhaps I had gotten a clunker.

But still, no luck.

I walked away from the actions and wailed and complained and intellectually beat myself up.

But then, to my surprise.

Dawn wrote one more time.

"We think there is a problem with that particular action. We are working on it."


What a relief!


I am not a moron after all.


Yesterday, Dawn sent me another set of collage actions.

I loaded them into Photoshop.

I went right for the stubborn 'text' collage.

And it worked. The first time.



Katie2007col


Hallelujah!!!


Aren't they cool?

Itty Bitty Actions by Jinky.

Check 'em out

The customer service was fantastic!



************




Now God designed the human machine to run on Himself. He Himself is the fuel our spirits were designed to burn, or the food our spirits were designed to feed on. There is no other. That is why it is just no good asking God to make us happy in our own way without bothering about religion. God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing.
C.S. Lewis


I read this at Janie's this morning and had to share it.

Janie @ Seasonal Soundings


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.