Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

"I know what St. Patrick's Day is Mom, said Katie.
It's the day to celebrate everyone named Patrick."


I thought so too, when I was her age.

Happy St. Patty's Day
My little Irish-French-Danish-German-Greek Lassies.



********

Oh my. So I shall share another recipe.

Sausage Gravy and Biscuits from Cooking from Quilt Country

This one wasn't bad....but the leftovers are still sitting in the fridge....so what does that tell you.....


20080313_6068

I tried my derndest to make these look petty.

20080313_6056-2

These cheepo-made-from-a-can-biscuits were devoured.

My family loves anything that comes popping out of a can.

It's true.

I am the Queen of Domesticity, I am Julia Child incarnate, I am Wonder Woman....

When I make things that pop from a can.


And guess, what? I put Emma in charge of these so
I'm passing it on, baybee.

That's why I'm here.



*****

Dave Barry and his Colon.


"OK. You turned 50. You know you're supposed to get a colonoscopy. But you haven't. Here are your reasons:

1. You've been busy.

2. You don't have a history of cancer in your family.

3. You haven't noticed any problems.

4. You don't want a doctor to stick a tube 17,000 feet up your butt.

Let's examine these reasons one at a time. No, wait, let's not. Because you and I both know that the only real reason is No. 4. This is natural. The idea of having another human, even a medical human, becoming deeply involved in what is technically known as your ''behindular zone'' gives you the creeping willies."


Just the words 'behindular zone" made me read this hilarious piece by Dave.


Go here to read the whole thing;

Dave Barry/ Miami Herald



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.