Saturday, March 01, 2008

20080229_5317-2

Isn't that a pretty color of green?

Today I will let you in on all the things I forgot to tell you this week.

1. I forgot to tell you that I made Ree's Sherried Tomato Soup last week.
It was delicious and very quick to make. I was the only one in my family to eat it.

2. My new, expensive, French eyeglasses chipped and broke again. I was cleaning them, gently, when a lens just fell out.
So we took them back to the store where they were purchased and thankfully a young woman working there said,
"These glasses should have never been made with this plastic. That is the problem. Let me send them back in and get the harder *plastic. There will be no charge."

Could that have gone any better? No.

I am just so happy that this young woman was working and knew the product so well and that the mystery of the chipping glasses was solved!

I am however visually challenged at present.

3. For Christmas I received two gift cards for William's Sonoma. Finally last Sunday I made the 8 mile trip to the Mall.
I have just not had the heart to got out in the cold to go shopping at the mall.

So. Everything is so pretty and pastel in there. I bought a new Ina Garten cookbook. The family one.
I bought a green dish towel. I bought a light orange candle. (Which was so overpriced, I must have been out of my mind to buy it.) And I bought a package of Lemon Poppy Seed Bread.

All this to tell you that I overcooked the Lemon bread (Even tho I set the timer for 10 min. less than the package said) and it was too dark and too dry and a big waste of TEN dollars.

I have an excellent Poppy Seed Bread recipe, if you want it, let me know.

4. Yesterday, a friend stopped over to help me with some business matters. She is a so smart and so sweet.
I made some Apple Dumplings. Ree's Apple Dumplings.
And I made them guess the crazy ingredient. Little Carrie guessed it.
Mountain Dew.
Apple Dumplings
They liked them very well and I was able to send some home with them.

This is one easy and delicious recipe!
I will make these again!!!

Or else, I would eat them all and have to go to Biggest Loser, asap.

5. Now, what I am going to tell you here is so gross, it will possibly ruin your night's sleep.
I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know if it is true. But it freaks me out.

You may want to skip #5.

During a segment on The View. Whoppie Goldberg was talking about the line of linens she created for QVC.
An "expert" displayed the pillows she sells. These pillows are special because they are resistant to dust mites.

Dust mites and their poop.

The "expert" said that you should get a new pillow every two years.

The "expert" said that in two years 20% of your pillow is mites and feces from those mites.

Oh, heaven help me.

My beloved pillow is......20 years old. In fact I have two old pillows. That I love, that I adore, that I do not want to replace.

And if the "expert" is correct. I am sleeping, not on down, but a pillow full of dust mites and feces.



Is this true?

Must I really get rid of my beloved pillows.

Perhaps, if I keep thinking of this, I will gladly throw them in the trash.
I'm having a bit of trouble sleeping on my pillows since I heard this "report".


Do you live in fear of dust mites???



Okee Dokee.....I'll end with the dust mites.


Both recipe's can be found at The Pioneer Woman Cooks

The Pioneer Woman Cooks


Happy March, all!!!

Let the thaw begin!!!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.