Saturday, April 19, 2008

I don't know what Katie is feeling or thinking in this picture.

And, ya know, it's kind of how I am feeling this morning



20080417_8896-awmc

For those of you who are interested. I did not do anything special to create this black and white.

I just de-saturated. That's all.

I have purchased and used several different black and white actions and have loved many of them.

But at the workshop (Audrey Woulard), Audrey told us she just desaturates!

I was honestly surprised. And very curious to go back to this super simple and free step to create black and whites.

And for this picture I like it a lot.

Those freckles are pretty important to keep and this method kept those freckles.

Pretty cool, huh?

I learned that your process and editing and business can be kept simple if you want it to be that way.

And boy, does that speak to me.

Cause if I wasn't the Quiet Life, I would be the Simple Life ;o)


********

I say, if your knees aren't green by the end of the day, you ought to seriously re-examine your life.
~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes


...the powerful play goes on, and you will contribute a verse.
~Walt Whitman, "O Me! O Life!", Leaves of Grass


Give us Lord, a bit o' sun,
A bit o' work and a bit o' fun;
Give us all in the struggle and sputter
Our daily bread and a bit o' butter.
~From an inn in Lancaster, England


Life is like a ten-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.
~Charles Schulz


Only a few things are really important.
~Marie Dressler



Enjoy your important things this weekend!


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.