Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Six Unimportant Things About Me

yet. one is untrue.

you must guess.


1. My fingernails and toenails are freakishly hard.

2. I clench my teeth in my sleep.

3. I loved romance novels until they made me discontent.

4. I am left handed.

5. Part of me wants to move far away and part of me wants to stay put.

6. When I look in the mirror, I can't believe it's me.


Now guess, which one is a big fat lie.

I actually felt bad writing it down. Isn't that funny. I hate lying. It is very bad.


********

Recipes of the week

Last week I made two new recipes.

Both good.



Twice Baked Cauliflower.

This was really easy and delicious. And if you are staying away from starches like potatoes, this is a dandy.

I loved it. But no one else ate it. It is my cross to bear. I'm serious about that. In heaven people will eat what I cook.



Twice Baked Cauliflower
(6 servings, recipe adapted slightly from The Low Carb gourmet.)

1 large head cauliflower
4 oz. low fat cream cheese (do not use fat free)
1 T butter (optional, original recipe called for 2 T and next time I would leave out the butter)
1/2 cup low fat sour cream (do not use fat free)
1/4 cup minced green onions
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
6 slices bacon, cooked very crisp and crumbled
1 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese
(I used Kraft 2% milk sharp cheddar)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut out stem and core from cauliflower, and cut into small pieces. Cook in large pot of boiling water until cauliflower is tender, but not overly soft. Drain well and mash with potato masher, leaving some chunks. Mix in cream cheese, butter (if using), sour cream, green onion, Parmesan, and 3/4 of the bacon.

Spread evenly in an 8 X 8 inch glass casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and reserved bacon. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.




HT to Nancypants


20080406_8239
I forgot to take a picture of the Twice Baked Cauliflower so I took some pictures of the Artichoke Raviloi I made from Trader Joe's.

This packaged ravioli had a lot of flavor when coupled with the sausage spaghetti sauce.


*********

On with the show....


Dancing with the stars....

If Adam Corola doesn't go home, it is because of the popularity of Julieanne.

I did not understand that unicycle thing AT ALL. I do understand it is extremely hard to ride a unicycle.
But why on earth did they use it in that dance? Very weird. Was Felini in the house?


I think the judges were too generous with the 10's. Way too generous.

Krisit and her partner were perfect and they deserved three tens. It was truly the hardest and most amazing dance I have ever seen a celebrity do on DWTS. It was unbelievable.


Most of the other dancers were fine. But nothing I can remember....all I know is cute Jason Taylor forgot some steps, and I caught it, so how can you get a perfect score when you make a mistake? Odd.


Do you have favorites yet?

Are you still enamored with the show?

Is this season turning out well...or not?


**********


I'd like to send you over to Two Edge Talk again.

Their message this week is a fine message.

Cyndi has a lovely, lively lilt in her voice which makes me smile just to listen to her. She and D. Tim have such a passion for Christ that I am always glad I listened to their podcast.

I would love to quote the morning prayer D. Tim read, but I haven't found it yet on the internet.
When I do, I will share it with you. But, if you go and listen to the podcast, you can hear D. Tim and his soothing voice read it out loud to you :o)

Two Edge Talk

They encourage me very much in my walk with the Lord.


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.