Saturday, May 03, 2008






Juno MacGuff: Yeah, I'm a legend. You know, they call me the cautionary whale.

Mac MacGuff: Did you see that coming?
Bren: Yeah... but I was hoping she was expelled, or into hard drugs.
Mac MacGuff: That was my first instinct too. Or a DWI... anything but this!

The dialog in this movie is like nothing I have ever heard.

Really. Do high school kids really talk like this?
Or only high school kids in the movies?

Lori and Heidi,
Seriously. Do the teens talk like this in Minnesota?


I liked the characters in Juno very much. They were written with care and depth and humor.

There was no European-like nudity.
The language is crass.

All thinks considered.

I recommend this move ;o)


(And by the way, how brilliant is that movie poster?)



20080502_9458-2

The clouds floated in and blew out all day yesterday.

They were dramatic and so pretty.


*****

In a few hours, I have the honor of taking pictures of a two week old baby!

I am so excited! So excited.

I will ask Heather if I can share the pictures with you. I hope she says yes!


Here are two of my baby picture heros:

Barebaby

Captured by Carrie

Photos by Iasha


Enjoy those beautiful images.

******

My other plan is to find a spot to take cloud pictures from.
It is just too difficult and not so pretty to take them from my neighborhood.

I need to find a hill and a nice tree or a line of trees....facing the right direction. East I think.

This is my goal.


*****


...a little child, born yesterday,
A thing on mother's milk and kisses fed...
~"Hymn to Mercury" (one of the Homeric Hymns), translated from Greek by Percy Bysshe Shelley


“A babe in the house is a well-spring of pleasure, a messenger of peace and love, a resting place for innocence on earth, a link between angels and men”
~Tupper



What is your favorite age?
Do you like the tiny babies, the just learning to talk 2 year olds or the all grown type?


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.