Monday, May 19, 2008

Thank you very much for the wonderful birding advice in the comments over the weekend!
If you haven't read them, they are great tips.

Thank you all.

And a funny thing, last night I peeked in to see how the seeds (cheap-o wild brid seed from the grocery store) was doing
and my shy birdies, the little brown ones, have eaten it all up!

So they are finding the feeder and chowing down on what I do have....
I am excited to spruce things up for them and see what happens.

They will be happy and I will be happy.

Yay :o)


*****


Other than that, the weekend just flew by.

Tomorrow, we are heading for Omaha for a very quick visit. Patrick Jr. is in Omaha for a week and we want
to see him! Emma has one day off of work...and we are making a mad dash to Nebraska.

Mathew and Melinda will host us again. They are so sweet to welcome us. I hear they have a Wii now,
and Katie is out of the world excited about that!

Hey! I tried the Wii/Guitar Hero at Circut City the other day. THAT was fun.

My husband loves watching me do Dance, Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero.

You see, I'm pretty dang, young at heart....but it doesn't always show in the day to day ;o)



But, back to Patrick, it's been almost a year and I can't wait to give him a hug!

AND I am taking our Christmas picture! It's gonna be the oldest Christmas picture ever....
but everyone will be there!!!

I never felt right about last years Christmas card minus the boys and our new daughter.....in law.


********


20080518_0569-2

Katie and I went shopping for Birkenstocks. Mine have worn out.
I like the thin two strappy style. And imagine this....they didn't have them.

I know I can find them on the internet.....but I want to buy local.
There is one more store I can try on State St.


Something I noticed right away, the bottom of the sandal felt like hard icky plastic.

It's been a good ten years since I bought new Birkenstocks. Is this sole change new?
Do you have a pair? How do you like the "new" soles?



20080518_0556-2
I love this picture of Katie.
Her little legs look so cute and skinny.



Because this is the most boring entry ever....I will share with you one of my favorite Chicken Salads from Whole Foods.


Sonoma Chicken Salad


Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
5 teaspoons honey
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
sea salt, to taste
ground pepper, to taste


Salad
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3/4 cup pecan pieces, toasted
2 cups red seedless grapes
3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
Prepare the dressing by thoroughly mixing together all dressing ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to dress the salad. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead.)

Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the chicken breasts in one layer in a baking dish with 1/2 cup water. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes until completely cooked through. Remove cooked chicken breasts from baking pan, cool at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cover and refrigerate.

When the breasts are completely chilled (at least 2 hours refrigerated), dice into bite-sized pieces and transfer to a large bowl. Stir in pecans, grapes, celery and dressing.



It's a good one.

Perhaps not as good as....Popeye's Honey Pecan Chicken Salad

But the grapes add such a nice flavor to the Sonoma chicken salad.

And I never eat grapes.


I love chicken salad.

Do you?



Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.