Saturday, May 17, 2008

20080516_0521



This morning I come to you with a plea for help.

I would like your expert advice on two things;

How to attract birdies to our yard

How to take their pictures once they come


*******


As you can probably remember the hummingbirds have a hard time remembering that I have a bird feeder.

So they have not come yet this spring. But gosh, I wish they would.


Some little brown birds have already stopped by and munched on some seed at my new feeder....
but they are shy and fly away when I try to get a peek at what kind of bird they are.


Over at Mental multivitamin, MFS listed the birds they saw in one day at their little house on the edge of the prairie.
It is a wonderfully long list with great variety. How do they do it?

Mental multivitamin

Looking at MFS's birding resources, I see some binoculars listed.

I imagine those are key!


So please, all of you bird lovers, how do you do it?

Of course, I could go online and look for the answers, I could go to the library or to the book store, but I'd rather ask you first....


Thanks!



******



Early Bird

Oh, if you're a bird, be an early bird
And catch the worm for your breakfast plate.
If you're a bird, be an early early bird-
But if you're a worm, sleep late.

by Shel Silverstein


Peckin'

The saddest thing I ever did see
Was a woodpecker peckin' at a plastic tree.
He looks at me, and "Friend," says he,
"Things ain't as sweet as they used to be."

by Shel Silverstein




The wonderful Charley Harper











Homecoming



Happy Weekend!!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.