Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hey there, folks from the Madison area...

Greek Fest is coming!

Greek Fest 2008

We will go on Sunday so I can eat a Greek salad.
Hopefully we will see the dancing children this year....
and not just the dancing Greeks.

My creation

Those are pictures from last year!

Funny thing, just two weeks ago, I got an email from a woman with Capital Newspapers, she was writing a story on
Greek Festivals and needed a few pictures. She happened to see mine on Flickr. There was no budget for these pictures but she offered me a byline. And I took it.

We do not get this paper nor do they sell it in our area so the woman sent me two copies which arrived yesterday.


My husband was just delighted. Isn't that funny?
He was much more excited than I was.

You can imagine that I look at those pictures and think they look terrible in the paper.

Patrick does not even notice this. He was super proud of that byline.


I feel this famous....






Navin R. Johnson: The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!
Harry Hartounian: Boy, I wish I could get that excited about nothing.
Navin R. Johnson: Nothing? Are you kidding? Page 73 - Johnson, Navin R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book everyday! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity - your name in print - that makes people. I'm in print! Things are going to start happening to me now.



I will be staying clear of all cans.


****

So you think you can dance was excellent last night.
I wonder who the audience likes the least.

The Pas de Deux was unbelievable. Stunning choreography and incredible dancing.
Woot!


Project Runway started last night too!
Yay. New TV to watch.


****

We took Katie to her baseball game.... fifty five minutes late last night.

The games last one hour.

She was able to hit one time and got a snack.

That is the first time that has happened to me in 26 years of parenting.

I guess I'm allowed one mess up.

And you thought I was perfect.

ha.


*****


Thank for the great and generous comments yesterday!
You make me feel like George Bailey.....and Annie Leibovitz....

The richest man in town....with a camera.


LOL


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.