Wednesday, July 16, 2008

20080715_4494-awm


There is a blogging book titled, "Nobody cares what you ate for lunch."
or something like that....

And well, Lynn and I kind of laugh at that,
cause that's how I blog.

I tell you what I ate and tell what we are doing.
You tell me what you ate and what you are doing.

And to be honest, it's just the way I keep a blog.
And I don't know how to do it any different.

And to tell you the truth,
I'm not in this for big numbers of people and book deals.


I like being able to recognize your names in the comments box.
And I really do like meeting new folks. A lot.

And for some reason, this style of blogging has brought such fun and fellowship
and the best and kindest comment section in the whole world....

So, I may not be avant-gard and sophistocated.

But that's okay.

I'm happy to be me.

Hanging with you.

Thanks for sticking around.

So on that note;

Here's what I made for lunch yesterday!


20080715_4455-2

Ree's Farfalle with zucchini.

Make this


And then Emma and I went on a photo shoot!

She knows I love to do this and was a super willing model!

For months I have wanted to take pictures by these two large signs in downtown Madison.

I just loved how they turned out.


20080715_4507-awm

My friend Courtney is famous for her tipped shots. I love them.
So I copied her :o)

Go visit Courtney


Because of Emma's high heels, I had to hold the camera above my head and shoot.
This amused both of us.
But it works.

Thank you auto focus. I love you.


20080715_4520-tra
I ran some Totally Rad Actions on these two.
This one.


20080715_4517tra
And this one.


20080715_4490-elvis
Elvis has left the building!


Our second location was a real surprise. I wanted to take pictures by this train and was delighted to find
a great piece of open shade on one side!!!

It was a perfect spot for mid day shooting!


20080715_4534-awm

Thank you puff of wind. That was so nice of you.

20080715_4546-sooc

Would you like to see the shoes?
And by the way. The light was so good. This is sooc.

20080715_4551-2

This is so "old movie."

I hear Lara's theme.


20080715_4558-2
I liked her eyes in this picture.

20080715_4607-shap
As you can imagine, there was a lot of this going on....

I love this picture. I love the look on her face and the fact that it is so fresh and clear.
And I didn't have to edit it.....

And well, the fact that my daughter can look at me like this...
with a big black camera in front of my face...
it just blows me away.

20080715_4572-br
A black and white for the heck of it.
Again I was holding the camera above my head.

20080715_4576
But beware...you will get a few of these ;o)

Thank you for indulging me by looking at ALL of those pictures.
It would be such a bummer not to be able to share them.


If you were to have portraits taken,
where would you like them to be taken?

The beach?
Urban?
A farm?


Give me some ideas, please :o)


Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.