Monday, August 04, 2008

*


Ribs Anyone?


20080803_5263-yum

I made ribs last night. It has been at least 15 years since I made ribs.

Why, did it take me so long? They were delicious and easy!
And are so photogenic ;o)

Here is how I made them:


Pork back ribs. (Baby Back if you can find them.)
Garlic Salt
Salt
Pepper
One jar of your favorite sauce.



In an uncovered pot, roast/brown the seasoned (garlic salt, salt and pepper) ribs for 15 minutes @ 500 degrees.

Take them out and turn them over.

Apply barbecue sauce to ribs. (just the top side)

Lower the oven temp to 325 degrees.
Bake uncovered.

Turn once and add sauce to the other side.

Cook for 1 hr. 30 min altogether.

That's all. The only bad part is having your oven on so hot at first.
I'm a baby about turning my oven to 500 degrees.
It freaks me out a little.
Don't ask my why?
There is no reason.


******

I added the Twitter to my blog.
A couple of my favorite bloggers have been using it for a while and I have enjoyed following along
on their sites so I decided to give it a try....and I instantly feel in love with it.

I'm pretty psyched that I will be able to say 'hi' when I am away from the computer
by texting in some comments and play by play.

It's like texting to the masses.

(masses....ha ha ha)


But, if you think it is obnoxious. Look away!
Or just pretend it is not there. 'K'?



*****


Packer's Talk to follow


Our retired and now reinstated quarterback has arrived back in Green Bay.

His plane was followed from Mississippi to Wisconsin on a map like Santa Claus on Christmas Eve.

If it is true that he was offered 25 million not to play,
and he turned THAT down....he is one sincere country boy who loves football.

(Which I have believed all along. Many people thought this was all about money. But I think Brett is all heart.
And no doubt passionate and stubborn.)

So we will watch to see how things go at training camp today.

Will Brett win the starting position?

We are beyond fascinated with this whole story.

Bear with me :o)


Packer fans, watch the Twitter for updates.


********


20080803_5282-2

Katie is not a fan of the football drama.
She'd rather be dreaming of the first day of school
and organizing her new supplies.


And being a good little model for me.

20080803_5274seatra


Do you have a routine?

Like the old time: Monday for laundry, Tuesday for Ironing...

I don't.

Big Surprise.




Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.