Thursday, August 07, 2008

Yesterday morning, Katie and I went to the library after dropping Emma off at work. I ran back into the house to grab my camera as we were leaving because I remembered that it was Bokeh Wednesday over at Flickr and I didn't have a picture I liked well enough to post.

After returning a load of overdue children's books and picking up my copy of OUTLANDER on cd,
we headed out to the lovely library grounds.


Bokeh-a-licious

And there I found those bubbles of bokeh that I love so well.
They make me very happy.

I will think of those bubbles and I will not think of Brett becoming a Jet.

Godspeed Brett!


*sniff*

*sniff*

*sob*





Ok, I'm back.

20080806_5321-2

Little Miss Chipped Finger Nails reached right in the shot to give the Cone flower a feel.

My little buddy.

A trip to the library.

Katie is on her last three books in the Junie B. Jones series. She loves those books. They are her Henry and Ribsy.

No matter what the series of books, I am always delighted to be growing another reader.



Reading is a basic tool in the living of a good life.
~ Mortimer J. Adler ~


I know a few of you readers have very large libraries;
this one's for you.


It was clear that the books owned the shop rather than the other
way about. Everywhere they had run wild and taken possession of
their habitat, breeding and multiplying and clearly lacking any strong
hand to keep them down. (1963)
~ Agatha Christie ~






******

I would love to hear your thoughts on So You Think You Can Dance.
Did you vote?
Who will win?

Any one? Bueller. Bueller.



Robin and I are watching Project Runway. Anyone else?
My favorite designer was sent home last night. She was a little Audrey Hepburn a little Dali....
but the Dali didn't come thru and she was not able to create any thing that was not....a little Audrey.

But you see....I loved her Audrey-esque designs.

But not for the opening ceremonies of the YOlympics.

Why do I want to call them that....YO-lympics.

Like if they were in Brooklyn.


Now. Since we are on the subject....

Who are you cheering for at the Summer Games?

Any personal connections to any of the athletes?
I need to have some personal connections to be interested in the Summer Games!

Tell me who is interesting and fabulous?

Thanks!

Encourage one another,
Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello. So nice to see you. Would you like to leave a comment? Be very kind.